Strata Welcome Package
Collection of useful information for new Owners, including various forms.
• British Columbia Strata Property Act
• B.C. Strata Property Act - Instruction Guides
• Emergency Preparedness Information
• Security Awareness Information
• Guidelines for Quieter Living
• Know your rights when buying strata property
by Gillian Shaw, Vancouver Sun, October 1, 2005.
• Stratawest Forms - voting proxy; pre-authorized payment form;
Interim On-Street Parking Policy for the Hawthorn Place Neighbourhood
[updated 2012]. This web site contains a link to the application form for
a parking decal and a visitor parking pass.
Building Maintenance, Specifications, and Practical Advise
• Interior Paint Specifications [PDF]
• Granite Countertop Care [PDF]
• Hardwood Floor Care and Maintenance [PDF]
• Smaller remote unit for parkade door: contact Val Mart Dool Sales at 604.888.6116 and speak to Andy Williams.
• Repair Service Contact Information [PDF]
Properties at UBC pay a combination of B.C. rural property tax and UBC General Muncipal Services Levy.
By lease agreement with the university, the "mill rate" (i.e., tax rate) for our properties is set at (almost) the same rate as the corresponding mill rate for the City of Vancouver. For 2005, the mill rate for the City of Vancouver was set at 5.98922 per $1,000 of assessed value. The total mill rate on campus was 5.82976 per $1,000 of assessed value.
• The B.C. Property Taxation Branch provides an online property tax estimation tool (choose 799 University endowment lands, then check all OIC class 01 [residential] rates)
• The Home Owner Grant can reduce
your property taxes if you are eligible and the assessed value of your home does not exceed a certain
threshold. Follow the link for more details.
• B.C. Assessment determines the market value of your home; their Factsheet for First Time Home Buyers [PDF] is a good starting point.
• UBC Services Levy information is available from
the UBC Financial Services web site. The web interface allows you to look up your current levy. This information
is typically becoming available in late June. Starting 2009, you can pay the UBC Services Levy online through
their Interac service.
Information for Landlords and Tenants
• The Government of B.C. Residential Tenancy Office provides useful information for landlords and tennants, including downloadable forms for residential tenancy agreements, notices of rent increase, notices to end tenancy, condition inspection reports, and others.
• Information for Landlords from the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation [CMHC] includes their detailed Guide to Renting a Home [PDF].
• UBC Campus Map [PDF] (regrettably, not yet showing Logan Lane)
• Google Maps Satellite Image
• Pacific Spirit Park Map [PDF]
• UBC Botanical Garden Map [PDF]
• Translink Vancouver Transit System Maps
© 2019 British Columbia Strata Corporation #1419.